My Blog List

Saturday 5 May 2012

Sandhurst FC Bank A Win

SANDHURST FC 3 GEDLING SOUTHBANK FC 1
Notts Senior League
Senior Division

After I found out that Welbeck Welfare v Thoresby CW had been called off quite early, it was a matter of looking for a match to go and watch, so on to Football Mitoo and the Notts Senior League to see what was in the offering in that League.I saw Sandhurst FC was at home and this was a ground that I've been meaning to get to for ages but never got round to.

A quick phone call to League Secretary John Beeston to check the match was on and when given the green light, it was then a matter of finding anyone who knew if the kick off time had been altered, in the end, I managed to contact Gedling Southbanks helpful manager Roberto who confirmed it to be a 3pm kick off.

So off I set to Walesby Sports Ground and what a lovely surprise, a beautiful little ground with a nice clubhouse with a lovely set of people running the club, I was greeted as soon as I got there by the Sandhurst's Secretary Bob(be careful though here, as everyone at this club is called Rob or Bob and with my first name, I kept turning round to answer everyone lol) and was taken in to the clubhouse for a cuppa coffee and I sat and had a chat with the 3 match officials who I felt were very good today.

Just before kick off I got a phone call from the Welbeck Chairman and a hopper from Essex had arrived, so I directed him to Sandhurst and just as the teams came out, he came across and introduced himself to me.

With Sandhurst lying 2nd from bottom in the table and Gedling Southbank in mid-table and the reserve fixture ending 0-0, I wasnt expecting too many goals and perhaps expecting a end of season dull match, but this was far to be, the visitors began on the attack, as the home side seemed to be happy to just settle in midfield and it came as no surprise when the visitors took the lead, but right on half time, the home side seemed to get more belief in themselves and equalised and that was the turning point of the game.

The Second Half, Sandhurst played a lot better than their recent form showed and added a further 2 goals and if the number 9 had managed to keep his line, as he was caught offside a few times, then the score could have been a lot higher. The final few minutes, Southbank did push forward and nearly came back in to it, then the keeper was called in to action and again when striking the post right at the end.

A enjoyable day was finished off in the clubhouse watching the FA Cup Final and I am sure this ground will go down a treat when it is Sandhurst FC's turn on the Notts Senior League Bonanza which begins next season.

NEWS ON BLOG CHARITY:

The cheque will be handed over at Queens Medicial Centre, Nottingham to Dr Whiteley on Monday 14th May at 10.30am...I will put photo's on the blog after the presentation.

SAD NEWS
There a lot of people that do blogs and really encouraged me to do this Charity blog and 3 of those people have decided to hang up their mouses and retire their blogs at the end of this season, I would like to say thankyou for the great reads of Malc Storer, Rob Waite and Rob Campion.

Photo's from the match can be found on this link

Sandhurst FC Website

Gedling Southbank FC Website

No comments:

Post a Comment