My Blog List

Saturday 12 May 2012

St Marys Grab the Points

UNDERWOOD VILLA 0 SOUTHWELL ST MARYS 1
Notts Senior League: Division One

After ringing League Sec John Beeston to check the game was on and also Underwood's Sec John Gregory, we set off to the venue. Southwell St Mary's needed a point to gain a promotion postition.

On arrival we was greeted by the Villa Manager and introduced to Mr Underwood himself John Gregory who kindly made me and Hazel a cuppa..We had a nice chat and also with a couple of the players dads..

Just before kick off, John Holt arrived and very kindly donated £10 to the Blogs Charity to which I am handing over on Monday at Queens Medicial Centre, a massive total over £541.75..I would like to thank everyone who has donated in every way, I will update the blog on Monday with the pics etc.

John told me how he was now watching Radford FC, but was over the moon that I was organising the Notts Senior League Bonanza from next season and he would buy a advanced ticket.

We walked down pitch side and the action was very fast with each team cancelling each other out, we was then joined by Nick Westerman's family and I had a good chat with his dad.

The Second Half, I strolled across the other side of the ground and had a chat with St Mary's Manager Dave Scott before being introduced to Villa's Developement Officer Malc.

Half way through the Second Half, Secured a promotion place when they scored and won the game 1-0.

A good match with both team,s playing well..to top off the day, back to the Welfare where I won £10 on the card!!!

Photos from the match can be viewed on

Underwood Villa FC Website

Southwell St Marys FC Website

No comments:

Post a Comment