My Blog List

Saturday 28 April 2012

Bulwell FC Seal The Championship

BULWELL FC 9 VERNON VILLA 1
Notts Senior League: Senior Division
(played at Vernon Park)


After a phone call to Notts Senior League Secretary John Beeston to check the above game was on, I was informed that the match had been switched to Vernon Villa FC, so decided still to go and watch, not knowing until I got there, that if Bulwell FC won the game, that they would become League Champions.

As I was talking away to a couple of the Bulwell FC Committee Members, in through the gate came along Mark & Fred Hackett, who seem to be following me about of late! Mark bought me a cuppa and we headed pitchside and we was all amazed that the game was still goal-less after 20 minutes, but as soon as the 1st Bulwell goal went in, it was a matter of how many..Mark reckoned it would be 7-1, I said there will be 10 goals in this match.

Just before half time, the Bulwell keeper, with nearly his first touch of the game, had to go off with a finger injury, but it didnt matter that much as it was 4-1 at the time.

At Half time, I had a natter with John Beeston regarding next seasons Football Bonanza and the Notts Senior League are very proud for their league to be involved in it and I'm sure the hoppers will love this league.

Straight from kick off in the 2nd half and Bulwell expended their lead by a further 2 goals in a minute and Mark was getting excited that it was 6-1 and Bulwell may take their foot off the gas and just score one more..tough luck mate..Bulwell just carried on pressing forward and though scored nine, it could and maybe should have been quite a few more.

At the end of the match, John Beeston presented the Title to Bulwell FC.

No comments:

Post a Comment