My Blog List

Saturday 7 April 2012

CLIPSTONE KEEP UP THEIR TITLE HOPES

CLIPSTONE WELFARE 2 THORESBY COLLIERY WELFARE 0

Well Thoresby CW must be sick of the sight of me, as I've seen them 4 this season and they have lost 3 times, they have only lost 4 times all season!

Well I'd not been to Clipstone this season and this being their last home League match, I decided to attend the North Notts Derby against close visitors Thoresby.

Was greeted as I entered the ground by the 3 officials and by Mr Clipstone himself Barry Clarke and Clippo Secretary Les Graham and was given a refreshing cuppa..I'd only seen Clippo once this season and that was when they won 8-3 away at Parkhouse FC.

At kick off, I made my way in to the stand and sat amongst the famous "Clippo Pensioners"(a passionate group they are and are always up for a laugh and a bit of light hearted banter).

The game saw Clipstone mainly creating all the chances and missing them as well and just when it looked destined for a goalless first half, a cross came in and was bicycle kicked past the visiting keeper.

Half time and the programmes had arrived, maybe a tad later than usual, but at least Clipstone had produced one to their credit, again a nice cuppa in the hospitality suit was kindly received before I took up my position behind the goal.

The Second Half was a lot more exciting than the first and it came as no surprise when Clipstone doubled their lead after 65 minutes.

Clipstone play their final league match next saturday away at Yorkshire Main and then must wait and see if the other clubs who have 5 or 6 games in hand can catch them for the Central Midlands North Division Championship.


Pics from the game can be viewed at this link
http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc460/Midlandsman/Clipstone%20Welfare%202%20Thoresby%20CW%200/

No comments:

Post a Comment