My Blog List

Saturday 14 April 2012

Denaby United Go Into Pole Position

DENABY UNITED 5 SHAFTON VILLA 2
Doncaster & District Senior League
Division One
Admission Free
Programme £2(outstanding)

Today I was going to go to Awsworth Villa, but couldnt get hold of anyone to see if the game was on or not, so after reading on Non League Matters Website that Denaby United were to produce a David Green one off special 40 page programme and not having seen David for nearly 15 years, there was only one place for me to visit today.

On arrival I was met by the friendly Denaby Secretary Steve Pugh, where I bought a mug and a couple of programmes, then went and had a nice cuppa coffee before kick off.

I wasnt sure to what standard I was to see today, but it was of a very good standard with both teams wanting to play good football, with the visitors top of the league but homesters just behind in 2nd place with 2 games in hand, but by the end opf the 90 minutes, Denaby had leapfrogged their opponents to top the division, so as they say, the Championship is in their hands at the moment.

Denaby were delighted with a turnout of a crowd of approx 80 watching today and they put up a good display to send everyone happy(apart from the opponents of course.)

Denaby seem to want to progress both on and off the field and have a good committee who want to do things the correct way and I really hope they succeed.

Pics from todays match can be found on this link

Denaby United FC Website

No comments:

Post a Comment