My Blog List

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Blidworth Welfare 2 Nottingham United 2

BLIDWORTH WELFARE 2 NOTTINGHAM UNITED 2

Well my first visit to the Welfare Ground this season and one of my favourites in the Central Midlands League for the view from the top near the tea bar.

On arrival, I was greeted by clubman and good friend Dave Voller who seems to have been with the club for years and also Mister Blidworth himself Chris Wain.

I stood at the gate chatting to ex Secretary Alan Charlton when ex Eastwood Town FC kit man and now Alfreton Town FC fan came in  and asked for a badge. I mentioned that I saw the Nottingham United sec wearing one and would he be interested, so when Martin Minkov walked past, he seemed to lose his badge for £3 off his suit!

Good Friend Richard Lane then appeared in the distance across the cricket pavilion and joined us, with ref's assessor Sean Richardson.

We all headed to pitchside and shared stories as the match started out as well boring..until a brilliant struck goal after just 23 minutes to put the home side in front.

After a Half time cuppa and a lovely Hot dog(may I say the best in the league tasted so far and I got the last one), it was back to pitchside with the away side doing the attacking and it came as no surprise when they levelled up the scores.

Blidworth then pushed forward and scored another superb goal to put them back in front, but the visitors were not to give up and scored a well deserved equaliser before the end before the game petered out for a share of the points

Blidworth Welfare Website

Nottingham United Website

No comments:

Post a Comment