My Blog List

Saturday 4 February 2012

Town knock United out the Cup

NOTTINGHAM UNITED RESERVES 1 DRONFIELD TOWN RESERVES 2


With match after match being called off, my main worry was have I got to watch Sky Sports today, then I thought I would look at what was on the 3g pitch in West Bridgford. 3g like it or hate it, if nothing else is on, then you know its a safe bet to get a game in.

Today Nottingham United Reserves hosted Dronfield Town Reserves, with the away team in a division above, so it was on the Pronto bus fro Mansfield to Nottingham, then another free bus that took me from Victoria to Angel Row, then the number 2 bus that dropped me near the ground, when I got a phonecall from Not'm United Sec to ask where I was and to get off the bus and they would pick me up(I was only 2 stops away from the ground).

The game kicked off on a green pitch and on 10 minutes, the home team took the lead, was thee to be a shock on the cards..Dronfield hit back with a quick substitution and before long were level, as I was chatting away to Heanor Town supporter Tony Squires. I also spotted Pete from Mansfield Woodhouse and asked if he had a spare seat in his car after the match, also spoke to Steve from Sheffield. Half time came and so did the snow, the lines were somewhere under te snow but no one knew where, so throws in were taken somewhere near to them..at certain points of the game, the crowd of 19 people felt the referee may blow his whistle anytime and call it a day, but all credit to him, he carried this decent game on. Dronfield must have felt it wasnt going to be their day, as chance after chance went amiss and towards the end Notingham went forward and went very close, but in the 88th minute, the visitors poured forward and won the tie. On the final whistle, the ref called back the home keeper and showed him the yellow card, resulting in quite a few of the home players and the home secretary surrounding him, this was a pity, as I felt the ref did a good job today.

No comments:

Post a Comment