My Blog List

Wednesday 28 December 2011

All's well for Harworth

GLAPWELL FC 1 HARWORTH COLLIERY INSTITUTE 3

After a good Bonanza Meeting with Glapwell FC in their Committee Room, I moved in to their cosy clubhouse, where I was greeted by Fellow blogger Rob Waite, who produced a £10 note for this blogs Charity(many thanks Rob). After a chat and a cuppa, in came lots of local hoppers and faces I'd not seen for a while.

After purchasing a nice Cheeseburger with onions, I decided to take a stroll down to the seated stand on the halfway line and sat with Richard & Rikki Lane, Rob Waite and other local hoppers.

With Glapwell having the wind behind them they pushed forward and took the lead through a header midway through the First Half, the only other highlight was their striker having to leave the field for a minute, as I think he had had a few too many of his mum's famous Rum flavoured mince pies!

Straight from Kick off in the Second Half, Harworth stepped up their game and a 30 yard shot left the home keeper diving in to thin air, as the ball was nestled in the back of the net.

Glapwell then broke and a early whistle on the ref's whistle called play back for a free kick, when the advantage had seen the home player clean through and he put the ball in the back of the net, this was then the turning point of the game, as Harworth rolled up their sleeves and pressed forward and seemed to be camped in the Glapwell half and it came as no surprise when the away team took the lead, within a minute they had increased it.

As the game drifted on, my feet were frozen, so was glad to hear the sound of the final whistle. Always a nice welcome at Glapwell and is sure to prove popular on the Bonanza with its club shop and bar in full swing.

Remember Advanced Bonanza Tickets & Coach Tickets can be bought from me, please contact me on my e-mail on hornby60uk@yahoo.co.uk

Glapwell FC Website

Harworth CI Website

No comments:

Post a Comment