My Blog List

Saturday 7 January 2012

United Hit 05 For Five

Nottingham United 5 FC05 Bilsthorpe 1
Central Midlands League Cup 2nd Round Tie



A few months ago, Nottingham United Chairman Mark Hartnall invited me to a home Nottingham United match and today I took up his offer, since i last saw Nottingham United play, former Kirkby Town Chairman Andy Cruddace has taken up the managers reigns and on todays evidence the team looked very good.

On arrival, I was greeted firstly by the 3 officials for todays game, Rob Rees the ref and his assistants Roger Evans and Paul Vallis and sat and had a coffee with them. Rob told me that he often reads my blog and he would make a donation and true to his word sent me £5. Roger said he would match 25p a goal from todays game which he did and Paul also make a donation..thankyou lads.

With Nottingham United's team pics taken, I made my way to the stand out of the blustery wind and to converse in conversation with Tristron Burrell's family, who asked me to send them a team pic, but with him scoring a first half hat trick, I think they may be interested in more than the one shot! I then spotted a lovely lady who always makes me a lovely cuppa coffee when I visit Bilsthorpe and she asked me to get a shot of number 7 Nick Westerman..how could I fail to disappoint this lady.

The game kicked off and United took the game to FC and won a couple of corners that were safely dealt with, until the first corner from the right hand side was headed in by a defender in to his own net. A bit of scratching of heads by the away team and they tried to push forward but this left room at the back and after 16 minutes that boy Burrell made it 2-0. Nottingfham United seemed to grow in confidence and play the ball about and on 26 minutes, Burrell made it 3-0 and it seemed game over. Well I looked at my watch and seemed like to was cuppa coffee time and whilst walking down the far end that lad Burrell completed his hat trick to make it 4-0 at half time.

Second Half and FC05 seemed to come out with a lot more passion and made a few more chances and in the 54th minute reduced the arrears when rolling the ball in to a empty net..was the fight back on..with Wayne Savage leading the front line, he blasted a shot well over the bar and would have been interesting if it had gone in, but after 70 minutes United's Sub Brooks hot a dripping shot that looped over the away keeper to make it 5-1.

Must say all 3 officials were First class today and didnt hear any player moan at any of them this afternoon, which makes a change and even in the bar afterwards both sets of teams came up to the officials table to say thankyou.

Photo's from todays match can be viewed on

Nottingham United Website

FC05 Bilsthorpe Website

No comments:

Post a Comment