My Blog List

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Second Half Town Take The Points

Rainworth Miners Welfare FC 0 Hucknall Town FC 4
Admission £7(kindly donated by Rainworth MW FC for Charity Blog)
Programme £1.50
Pie & Peas £2
In the morning, I was un-decided whether to go to Teversal v Shirebrook Town or Rainworth Miners Welfare v Hucknall Town, in the end I decided on the latter and to visit friends at Kirklington Road, the home of Rainworth Miners Welfare FC.

On arrival,I found that a free ticket had been left on the gate for me,so thankyou to Rainworth and the £7 admission will go in to the Charity Blog total. I bought a superb Programme produced by old friend Gordon Foster and went in to the snack room where I was greeted by the 3 Anns that run the cafe and tucked in to pie and peas, whilst sitting with Scott Thorpe and his partner Sharon.

Then entered a lot of faces I knew and Happy New Years were exchanged and some chat about football in general before I strolled down and took up my seat around the half way line in the stand. As lubman Derek Bentley was passing, I asked him if Dudsy was there today and a voice appeared from 2 seats behind me to say it was him, so I went and sat for the First Half with him and his wife and had a good chat(must remember to link his blog to this as well).

The First Half passed in what can be called a midfield battle or a damn scrappy half with neither goalkeeper really having to pull off a save, though the homesters did have a shot blocked off the line twice in 1 attack.

I walked down to the refreshments room but it was packed solid, so I gave up waiting and then a hello came from a gentleman Steve Jackson from London and we began to chat. The queue had gone in the Refreshments Room so it was time to nip in quick and it was quick as when I came out Hucknall were starting to step up a gear and lashed the ball home after 59 minutes, to which I got my golden goal tickets out and commented, mmm 74 minutes, they';ve scored 15 minutes too early!

Before I could even take another sip of the nice hot coffee, the ball was in the net again and Town had doubled their lead. Rainworth tried to press forward but could only get as far as the visitors penalty area before the ball was cleared or they seemed to run out of ideas, whilst Hucknall seemed to be growing in confidence and again another 2 goals in a matter of a couple of minutes sealed them the 3 points.

Link to the photos

Rainworth Miners Welfare FC Website

Hucknall Town FC Website

No comments:

Post a Comment