My Blog List

Wednesday 21 September 2011

FA Youth Cup:Teversal 2 New Mills 0

FA Youth Cup: First Qualifying Round
Teversal 2 New Mills 0
Admission £2 including programme
Teamsheet- Free
Attendance - 59

I didnt intend to go to a midweek match this week, but when the offer came from Richard Lane, I couldnt turn it down. I've never been to a FA Youth match even when I used to go the Hawthorns when I used to go and support West Brom in the 1970's, so this was a new adventure for me tonight.

On the gate, was cheerful Tevvie Biker Keith Parnell who greeted us and I was surprised that it was only a couple of quid to get in and that included the programme. Then I went and saw Mr Tevvie, yes the man himself  Kev Newton who was dishing out FREE teamsheets and also found out a few 1st team programs for Richard. The thing about Kev is that he runs the club so professionally and a lot of clubs could well learn from him..it's the manner of the way he greets people, to the way he reads out the teams and makes the job look so simple and easy.

Whilst chatting away to Luke Stafford and his dad, in wheels our mate Trevor, where I put my foot straight in it and ask hiow things are at Blidworth..well no one told me he wasnt there any more and is now at Carlton Town lol To save my embaressment I sneaked off and got him a free teamsheet!

The game started with both sides pushing forward but the visitors not really shooting on target, as Teversal looked a bit more direct, as we sat back, then came along promoted Referee Sean Richardson who sat with us and told us about his London Marathon run/injury struggle, but how he go round..amazing bloke!

Then went in the 1st goal as ichard was praying it wasnt going to extra time, as he kept reminding me how it went to extra time and pens the night before at Arnold Town and how cold it was, New Mills pushed forward but to be fair never looked like scoring as the Teversal boys worked a lot better and looked a lot more hungry for this tie, so as he rain lashed down and with only a few minutes to go, Teversal finally sealed their place in to the next round when scoring a second goal to set up a second round qualifying tie away at Matlock Town or Spalding United.

Teversal Website

New Mills Website

No comments:

Post a Comment